Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Fettuccini with tomatoes, olives & feta

Hello :) As part of my Saturday job at Molives, I have also started to post on their facebook page (here). Just simple recipe ideas using olives. I tend to ask people at the markets for some inspiration, and received a great, simple recipe the other week I'm going to share now. I'm not very particular with the amount of ingredients, as it's just my interpretation from a quick conversation. Enjoy!

Recipe: Fettuccini with tomatoes, olives & feta
Ingredients-
About 300-400g fettuccini
2 punnets ripe cherry tomatoes
About 20 Sicilian olives (other olives such as kalamata would work)
Half a packet of creamy feta
2 handfuls of basil
1-2 chopped garlic cloves
1 chopped  chili, seeds removed (optional)

Method-
1. Cook pasta, stirring occasionally.
2. While the pasta is cooking, heat a large frying pan and add some olive or macadamia oil.
3. Add the tomatoes, garlic, and chili, and stir for about 10 minutes. The tomatoes will break down and should look more like a sauce. Add the olives and continue to cook.
4. The pasta should be cooked to al dente, drain it well and add it to the pan, with the basil.
5. Toss everything together, and crumble in the feta.
6. Turn off the heat and give yourself a clap!


Hannah x

p.s. things are a bit quiet here as it's the week before my exams, so I've been spending my days amongst study notes & cups of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment