Friday, October 18, 2013

A Melbourne Trip

Hello :) Last weekend I went on another little trip; this time to Melbourne. A visit was due to my friend Tara, who moved there this year. So thanks to Fridays and Mondays free from uni this semester, off I went for a few days. In the small space of time I was there, I felt like we fitted a lot in our schedule! Here are the highlights ...

Friday evening ... we went to Lentil As Anything, which I've been to twice before & always love it !! Pay-by-donation vegetarian food with a lovely community feel. The chai hot chocolates are a winner too.


Saturday morning coffee from Market Lane. It really was the perfect, strong latte, they know their stuff !! We even saw them weighing the ground coffee before each cup ... now that's dedication.


Sitting by the river with strawberries and mandarins from Queen Vic markets. It was a beautiful day ...


For lunch we had pintxos at Naked for Satan. Such a cool place !! We wanted to get a drink upstairs on the rooftop, but alas it was super crowded. 


Later we met some friends and got takeaway from the Moroccan Soup Bar. It's a vegetarian eatery and for takeaway you have to bring your own containers. It was only $30 for all that, very decent considering five of us shared. We sat in Edinburgh Gardens with a lot of other locals enjoying the evening.



Later that evening we saw the band Lowlakes at The Gasometer Hotel, which was awesome & I've been listening to them on spotify all afternoon ...

Sunday started with brunch at The Premise. Tara had a cap & I opted for a 3/4 latte.


To eat, I chose the special: scrambled eggs on toast with a white bean puree, chorizo & coriander salsa. Just wow! All I'm gonna say.   


Tara had poached eggs with an olive tapenade, feta, cucumber ribbons & preserved lemon. Oh la la!


I was happy when my foot fitted into these shoes as they were the last pair & on sale. Love them !! 


Showing my new shoes off ...


An afternoon coffee at The Journal, just next to the city library. 


& after seeing Frances Ha (great film!) we had Italian in a little laneway. I'm wearing a new necklace from Rose Street Artists markets :)


Have a great weekend :)

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment