Hello :) Today was a lovely, summery day. For lunch, my friend and I ventured out to The Cornersmith.
We shared The Ploughman's Plate, which included pasture fed ham, pickled feta, pepe saya butter and toast, fennel pickles, curry spiced pickles, cucumber, and baby plums. Oh yummo !! A very good choice & was fun having lots of bits and pieces to pop on the toast. They're known for their awesome pickles, and even have regular pickling classes (as well as cheese making ones!)
After lunch, I went to the new pool near Central station called the Prince Alfred Park Pool to swim laps and it was so nice !! There's also some great places to sit and read a book afterwards too. I love swimming laps when the weather is warm, and have decided to go exploring more pools around the city. I also like the Ian Thorpe Aquatic Centre, near the Powerhouse Museum and want to go to the Andrew Boy Charlton Pool near the NSW Art Gallery and the North Sydney Pool next to Luna Park. It's gonna be a fun summer!
And a bit later on for dinner I made a creamy roast tomato and basil soup with some chorizo on the side. The soup is super simple, here's what you need-
about 6 tomatoes
a big bowl of basil
cream or coconut cream
here's what you do-
1. Preheat the oven, and add to a baking tray the chopped tomatoes, olive oil (a decent glug), and about four or five garlic cloves whole. Roast for 30-45 minutes.
2. When the tomatoes have 5 minutes to go, add a chopped onion to a pot with some olive oil, and sautee for about 10 minutes.
3. Add the roasted tomatoes, garlic cloves (take out the flesh when cool), and basil to the pot with onions and mix through. Add a few tablespoons of cream, and a small splash of hot water (or stock) and mix through.
4. Whiz everything with a hand held blender or other blender.
5. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle olive oil on top, and add chorizo on top if you want, or parmesan. Serves 4 small serves.
A perfect summer evening meal ...