Saturday, February 19, 2011

FebYOUary: update

Hello :) Well my Chemistry Bridging course has finally, after two exhausting weeks come to a close, and I am a free bird for another week until University starts on the 28th of Feb! Hooray!

Now seems like a great time, to have a little FebYOUary update. To recap, what I wanted to do during the month of February was take the time to focus on health and wellbeing and set myself some goals. Read my original post here. It's been a big challenge, as for the past two weeks I've been waking up at 5:45am each  day to go to a 3 hour lecture/tutorial then coming home, studying etc. So here's an update of how I'm going:

1. Have I stretched every day? To put this quite simply, no I haven't. When I say 'stretching' I mean at least 10-30 minutes of proper stretching or yoga. I have been doing this about 3 times a week, which is an improvement in itself. I've used a basic yoga DVD a couple of times which was really great, and I find it helps to relax and unwind as well.
2. Swam 2km? Again, no I haven't. But I have still been swimming a few times, despite being really busy and have probably done about 1km most times. There's still time in February for improvement though, and I'm going to go swimming after this post!

3. Exfoliated twice a week? Yes, I have been doing this and hope to continue this too. As I mentioned in my other post, I use a basic scrub of olive oil and sugar (any kind) for my body and a mixture of almond meal, oats, honey and milk for my face. Sounds weird, but it works really well! 
4. Have I used a facemask once a week? Yes I have, and it's been a nice way to unwind after a long day. Sometimes I'll make my own but lately I've been using this Bloom one:
5. Have I focused on eating food that will make my skin glow? Of course I have! And I'll obviously continue to do this, after this month. I've been focusing on taking healthy snacks with me whenever I go out such raw nuts, apples, carrot sticks with hummus and sliced cucumber. Here's a few things I've been eating lately when I've been home:

Wholemeal spaghetti with avocado, spinach leaves, pine nuts, olives and arrabiata sauce. 
Quinoa and chickpea salad with cucumber, tomatoes and avocado
A delicious smoothie with a frozen banana, vanilla bean paste, frozen raspberries and oat milk
Most importantly though, despite been really busy, I've been taking out time for myself each day. Sometimes it will only be about 20 minutes but I've been doing things like painting my nails, doing some yoga, reading a magazine, having a foot bath or as you've read above popping on a facemask for a little while. We all know, it's the little things that count!

Hannah x

edit: I've just come back from the pool and have just swam 2km (40 laps!). I've never done this many before, so I'm really happy and have reached my goal!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment