Wednesday, August 7, 2013

On a Boathouse in Amsterdam

 Hello :) The next part of our trip was in Amsterdam...home to beautiful canals, bikes and all those popular coffee (read: weed) shops. I thought before I show you pictures out and about, I would firstly dedicate an entire post to our accommodation, as it was a boathouse, and hence why I was quite excited! When I found it on a hostel website, I rang Renee and we promptly booked for 3 nights.

We were greeted by the lovely lady who lives there and shown around. She wrote down a lot of helpful suggestions of what to do and for the most part was away, which was actually quite nice...as it meant the boathouse felt like our own.

The exterior...oh how pretty it looked in the sun!





I loved waking up, popping on the kettle, and peering out of this window. Life felt like it was at a slower pace.



Eggs & bacon were provided for breakfast, so each day we made variations. Buttery scrambled eggs one day, and boiled eggs the next.



The kitchen area ...


The living room was perfect for reading a book, or having an afternoon nap. As you can probably already gather, it was so cosy that we didn't want to leave!



Our bed. Super comfortable and roomy.


And the cat I took way too many photos of ...



Boats going past ...


Until next time boathouse!

Hannah x

2 comments:

  1. Amsterdam is my favourite city in the world. I remember staying on a house boat in Holland when I was six it was just amazing.
    The house boat you stayed on looks so homely and lovely. I want to go back and stay on a house boat right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This boat!?!? How cool. Have loved catching up on your travel posts, what amazing trip it was!
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete