Monday, March 5, 2012

Coconut Milk Yoghurt

Hello :) Yes, I am still quitting sugar! And if there's one product that's hard to find without sugar added, it's yoghurt! So I was very delighted when I came across this coconut milk yoghurt in a health food store recently. I was especially excited about this yoghurt because its dairy free! You see, I have tried a few sugar free dairy yoghurts (mainly Greek styles), but they just don't work for me.


This coconut yoghurt has a beautiful creamy texture & is actually quite sweet tasting. The coconut flavour isn't overpowering either, its very yummy. Take a look at the nutritional information. Zero grams of sugar!


Ok, so there is one downside to this yoghurt. It's pricey stuff! It costs about $8 for 250g, which is probably double the cost of dairy yoghurts. But I'm using it quite sparingly, just mixing a tablespoon or two into my porridge or muesli. It is also lovely with stewed rhubarb, blueberries and cinnamon, which I've just enjoyed for afternoon tea :)


So there is my exciting sugar free discovery of the week! If you're interested here is the list of stores to buy this coconut milk yoghurt in Australia (link)

Have a lovely week everyone! I hope this sunshine continues, it makes me so happy :)

Hannah x

10 comments:

  1. Hmm interesting. I frequently eat soy or lactose free vaalia but always looking for more options. Sugar free is great too, though it's still rather high in kJ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is high in kJ, but I'm only having a little! I might have to try find a soy yoghurt too, wonder if they have sugar free options?

      Delete
  2. Hey Hannah, thanks for the plug I make the yoghurt here on the Sunshine Coast, you should try the CO YO ice cream it is heaven in a mouthful
    Henry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, no problem...I saw the icecream & it looks amazing. I'll try it next :)

      Delete
  3. I would love some coconut milk yoghurt! It looks wonderful. Pity there are no stockists in South Australia. Hopefully one day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully!! maybe there are other brands? not sure.

      Delete
  4. looks amazing, must try! sometimes it's nice to treat yourself to pricey things, like fresh berries and this yoghurt :)
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the MEIJI one in Thailand.. Oops kinda miss it now :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks fantastic, will have to mission to pick some up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah yum, I've been waiting patiently for there to be a stockist is W.A. Looks and sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete