Afterwards it was off to Marrickville markets, as usual. I enjoyed a tub of yoghurt with oats, chia seeds and raspberries for breakfast, along with an iced chai. It was a sunny morning, perfect for lazing about and I managed to spend all the money I brought... funny how that always happens! A vibrant & nutritious salad was constructed for lunch with the fresh veges and produce I came home with.
Farmers Market Kale Cups
1. Tear off a few kale leaves, wash and pat dry
2. Cook 1/2 cup of quinoa in 1 cup of water, bring to the boil and simmer until the quinoa has fluffed up and the water has been absorbed
3. Add the cooked quinoa to a bowl and mix with raw green beans, sliced strawberries and chopped olives
I bought these olives from Molives, a hand stuffed olive company. They taste seriously good and after much contemplation decided to buy a mixture of smoked almond and onion/sumac olives. Yum!
4. Arrange kale leaves on a plate
5. Spoon on the quinoa salad and drizzle on extra virgin olive oil. Vegetarians stop here...
6. But I also added some wood smoked salmon!
7. Eat, just like you would a taco!
I ate the kale raw, but feel free to steam or bake it, and of course you can use lettuce cups instead if you prefer :)