Sunday, March 20, 2011

My weekend in food...

Hello :) I'm having a relaxing Sunday studying, drinking tea and watching the rain. I haven't made anything too exciting over the past week, so I thought I'd share some photos of food I've eaten/made/bought over the weekend...

Friday night. I made mushroom and zucchini fettucini. Very simple dinner! All I did was fry zucchini's in olive oil until lightly brown then add some butter and the mushrooms and sauteed this for 7 minutes or so whilst the fettucini was cooking. And I added some parmesan on top to serve.
For dessert I had a sour cherry tart. I can't claim to have made this- but it was super delicious! 
Look at the pretty roses!
Saturday. Remember when I had a cooking day with my friend A? Well I went over to his house on Saturday and we did a bit of cooking. For lunch we made a simple pasta dish with mushrooms, red onion, asparagus, tomato pasta sauce and parmesan. 
I just added the asparagus to the pasta a few minutes before the end...saves using another pot!
Action shot!
Yummy!! And on Friday I decided on a whim to get a fringe cut which you can see. I had one a few years ago when I had short hair (a bob!) but since then let it grow out.
In the evening we just roasted some vegetables. Sweet potato, carrots and potato. We accidently burnt them a little but they still tasted good!
Sunday. This morning my mother made these delicious rock cakes. Little lumps of joy (ha ha). I must find the recipe to post sometime next week!

Well I hope you enjoy the rest of your Sunday :)

Have you been busy in the kitchen lately? Tell me what you've been making!! I'm always after new, quick vegetarian dishes to make for dinner (and take to Uni the next day) or yummy baking treats...

Hannah x

2 comments:

  1. Love the fringe, lady! Rocking it. Your pasta on friday night looks delicious! I've been getting into homemade pizzas lately. yum!
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete