I flicked through a few cookbooks for inspiration until I came across a recipe for Honey and Linseed biscuits, which sounded delicious and super healthy! However we didn't have any linseeds, so I searched around and came up with this similar recipe...
Recipe: Honey, cranberry & tahini biscuits (based Honey and Linseed biscuits, from Star Foods)
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup tahini
1.5 cups oats
1/2 cup almond meal
1 teaspoon cinnamon
handful of cranberries
handful of sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius and spray a baking tray with cooking oil or grease with butter.
2. Combine and mix all ingredients, except sesame seeds
3. Roll mixture into golf balls and sprinkle with sesame seeds
4. Press flat with a fork, leaving plenty of room as biscuits will spread
5. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown
6. Let biscuits cool for 5-10 minutes, as biscuits will be soft
Voila! I was very impressed with the results. Who knew biscuits could be so healthy & delicious?! The tahini gives it such a rich, creamy taste and the honey is the perfect amount of sweetness. The recipe can be used as a guide, add whatever dried fruit/nuts/seeds you like!
I added the almond meal, cranberries & sesame seeds to replace the linseeds, but if you have linseeds feel free to add 1/2 cup of those instead.
Just posing in my kitchen, what else are Saturday nights for?
Fun fact 1: This dress is a size 18 but after very recently discovering the joy of belts, it suddenly fits!
Fun fact 2: Change the word from "belts" to "baking" in the first fun fact. hahahahahaha ;)