Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Best Avocado Toast!

Hello :) Sounds simple, avocado toast, but it's a definite weekend winner, especially after work on Saturday when I have a delightful loaf in tow. I wish I could say I've been making more than avocado toast lately, but truthfully I haven't really. Anyhow, let's talk about all the ingredients which make this combination a favourite...

Ok. Bread. I've tried lots of loaves and my favourite now is this Sonoma "miche" kind. Dark, crusty outside, with a brown pillowy soft inside. It's the perfect loaf, and doesn't last longer than 2 days!


Avocado. Well I'm not too particular here, except it must be ripe of course. And I tend to use at least half an avocado. Be generous I say!

Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Good quality olive oil is a must! I bought this baby at EQ markets a week ago just before work, from the lady who owns the business. Tastes terrific too.

Smoked sea salt. Just something different, this smoked sea salt has a mixture of coriander, chilli, garlic and a few other herbs. It adds a unique flavour, and a little sprinkle goes a long way.


 How to make? Toast the bread, smoosh half an avocado on top, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle some smoked sea salt on top. Does deliciousness get any simpler? 

Oh look at the new issue of Kinfolk, making me jealous with all their shoots and articles revolving about summer holidays. 


I'm also pretty smitten with my pretty new teacup. It was from a small ceramics factory/shop on the way to Bread and Circus- in Alexandria I think. I am sipping mint tea from it now in fact :)


Any other secrets for the best avocado toast? 

Hannah x

6 comments:

  1. Yes! A squeeze of fresh lime before the sea salt. Delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yumm!! Definitely adding a squeeze of lime next time :) x

      Delete
  2. Simple and stunning. I love thick chunks throughout salads. It's my new thing!
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup! Add a good goat's cheese to it :) makes it incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried avocado toast before. Looks good.

    -Mong
    Petitetomatoes.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could say I've been making more than avocado toast lately, but truthfully I haven't really here Anyhow, let's talk about all the ingredients which make this combination a favourite...

    ReplyDelete