Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Spiced Mushroom Soup w/ Anchovy Toast

Hello :) Hope you've all been well! I was holidaying it up in Noosa last week. We had such a great trip, spending days at the beach, walking along the coast, visiting a local market & saved money by cooking all our meals. Towards the end of the trip, Adrian and I unfortunately both got sick, and happened to be watching TV when this recipe for spiced mushroom soup popped on. Something soothing, nourishing, and spicy...just what we needed. So a quick trip to the shops, and dinner was served! As it was such a success that evening (Adrian went back for seconds and thirds), I decided to recreate it today...

Recipe Link: spiced mushroom soup

Ingredients...


I decided to serve the soup today with anchovies on toast. I've never really used anchovies in cooking, but we had them at work, so decided to experiment with them. I understand they aren't everyone's cup of tea, but oh they are so good and salty! I think some homemade pizza with anchovies should be on the menu soon...


I simply halved the soup recipe, using a bit of extra stock though and another potato. To make the anchovy toasts, I toasted a few baguette slices, added lots of butter, topped with anchovies. You can make a sort of paste with the butter and anchovies if you like, but I prefer them whole. 


Soup for the soul...


This soup is going to be on the repertoire a lot in the cooler months, the mushrooms, the potatoes, the spice...oh and the coconut milk and splash of soy sauce at the end. Everything just works so well!

And here's a few photos from my trip :)

The beach at Noosa Heads. We were so lucky the weather was perfect everyday.


We went to the big Eumundi markets, which were great. Loved these Dutch pancakes! 


Going for a walk along the coast to the National Park. A swim at the end was welcomed :)


Have a great week!

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment