Friday, April 19, 2013

Kurtosh

 Hello :) This morning I ventured off to Kurtosh, the newly opened Hungarian bakery in Crows Nest. I went there briefly with Adrian a week ago, as he was buying some takeaway cakes, and was eager to go back for coffee & a sweet treat. The coffee is by Mecca, so a latte was in order. I also bought a rugelach, a Jewish chocolate-filled biscuit shaped like a crescent. I've made rugelach before, although mine didn't turn out as perfect, so I wanted to try the real deal.


The coffee was very good & the rugelach was divine...crisp on the outside and chocolate-y and sponge like inside. A lovely bite-sized treat. Adrian on the other hand, ordered a slice of spongecake and a chocolate cookie- both eaten quite quickly!



Oh and the space is really great. It has a cosy/industrial kinda feel, with raw brick finishes, contrasted with pretty blue & white tiles on the wall. There's some wonderful photographs of Kurtosh on Broadsheet Sydney (best website!), you can see (here).

I hope you have a fun weekend! 

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment