Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A South Coast Getaway

Hello :) I love going on little holidays. They are inexpensive, easy to organise, and I find two nights away to be a perfect amount of time to come back feeling more refreshed and relaxed. As Adrian and I have a mid session recess from uni this week, we decided to head down to the South Coast for two nights, before we dive back into uni assignments for the remainder of the week. We stayed in a unit overlooking Bombo beach, just a short walk from Kiama ...

On a hill overlooking Bombo beach


Fish, chips and calamari = ultimate summer holiday dinner


Wandering around Kiama


One morning was spent in Gerringong, although the water at Werri beach was freezing


A strong latte from Sea Vista cafe in Gerringong


Adrian focusing on the 9 letter word in the paper, which he usually gets in 10 seconds. Although I must say Tuesdays word was quite challenging ...


On our final morning, we decided to have lunch at the famous Berry Sourdough Cafe. We had a nice table out the front.


Yummy cappuccino 


For lunch, I had the linguine served with pork meatballs, olives, and pecorino, while Adrian chose the sourdough pizza with ham, mushrooms, and blue cheese and we also had fries with mustard aioli to share. Yes, quite filling! But very, very delicious.


The Berry Sourdough Cafe also has a bakery called Milkwood just down the road, so I picked up some treats to take home. The cake on the left has orange & polenta and the other is pear & ginger. Both divine.


The cottages in Berry were too cute not to take photos of :)


You can also see my previous posts when I went to the South Coast (almost three years ago!!) ...

The cottage (here)
Gerringong (here)
Berry (here)
Berry sourdough cafe (here)

Have you recently been on a little holiday? Tell me where you went!

Hannah x

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love the South Coast! You've totally inspired me to want to get away for a few days!!
    We've made plans to travel to QLD and do the theme parks in February and I'm so keen. But this little getaway is exactly what I want at the moment (I hate you uni exams!!)
    xx

    ReplyDelete