Monday, November 25, 2013

Of Late

 Hello :) It has been a nice week or so after my last exam .... & I think it's going to be a nice few months before I have to go back to uni for my final semester! I almost feel guilty (especially when telling people who work full time!) about having three and a half months of holidays. I'm going to keep myself somewhat occupied though, with an internship, and possibly starting an online course. There's a few smaller projects I want to do too, like swim lots of laps at pools around Sydney, grow some more herbs, read lots of novels, and plan a little holiday. Oh and then there's all the cooking and baking I have planned! And then blogging about all these things of course.

Pictures of late ...

One of my fav breakfasts .... sonoma miche (what else?) with lots of organic butter, haloumi, free range bacon, boiled egg and herbs (drizzled with extra virgin olive oil & sprinkled with sea salt). 


I went to Pasta Emilia last week for lunch and it was beautiful. The cafe sell their organic, handmade pasta and sauces (you can find them at lots of food markets around Sydney such as Eveleigh and EQ), and offer breakfast and lunch too at the cafe. I had the beetroot and chevre tortellini with kale and salsa verde. 


The cafe is in Surry Hills, and is a lovely space I'll be visiting again for another leisurely lunch ...


Some Saturday buys from Orange Grove markets ...micro beet leaves, purple heirloom carrots, radishes, and broccolini. I bought the radishes after enjoying them on the wagu steak at Oscillate Wildly, and served them last night as an accompaniment to a lamb steak and pesto.


Vanilla & almond cookies from the wholepantry app. I added some mashed banana and raw cacao nibs and they turned out wonderfully. Dense and wholesome, and a little softer than most biscuits.


I visited EQ markets, where I used to work, two weeks ago and bought a big bunch of rhubarb that turned into rhubarb & ginger jam. It was nice to see the Ethiopian stall still has a huge lunch line!


Spaghetti with smoked trout, olives, and fennel pesto. I love tips on saving parts of food most of us would throw out, and at the market recently a lady was saying how she made a pesto with the fennel leaves, olive oil, garlic, and parmesan. So I tried it and it was yum! The fennel was a subtle taste though, so I added some other herbs too. 


Beetroot, quinoa, and chocolate muffins. Yep, you read that correctly. The recipe is by Amy, from the holistic ingredient (she has an ace instagram account!), and are really very delicious. I love that the base is cooked quinoa, something completely different, and it's also filled with coconut milk, butter, grated beetroot, and raw cacao. I just happened to have beetroots in the fridge, which is quite rare, so it was meant to be! 


I must admit I buy magazines and a lot of the time don't finish reading them, so am currently catching up. I enjoyed reading the first issue of Brace magazine and always love reading Cereal magazine. What are your favourite magazines at the moment? 


Lunch today = super colourful !! Sonoma miche topped with hummus, radish, fennel, tomato, micro beet leaves, basil, and a side of olives from work. Delightful combination.


& just a final non food related thing ... some lovely pants which recently arrived in the mail by Amy Kaehne. They're cream with a gorgeous pattern, and I managed to grab the last pair online which were on sale. Win!


Take care :)

Hannah x

1 comment: