And I thought I'd share with you the recipe for "Raspberry and banana bread" I made, a few weekends ago, when I invited my friend over for brunch :) It's from Donna Hay- via the Sunday Magazine.
Recipe: Raspberry and banana bread
125g butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1.5 cups plain flour, sifted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda, sifted
1.5 cup mashed bananas
125g raspberries, fresh or frozen
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celcius.
2. Place the butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until pale and creamy. Gradually add the eggs, and beat well. Fold through the flour, vanilla, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
3. Add the banana and raspberries and gently stir to combine.
4. Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased loaf tin lined with non-stick baking paper (I just sprayed with rice bran oil).
5. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool before removing from the tin.
Well there you have it! I'd definitely recommend trying this recipe out because it's just so delicious and indulgent :) :) Best served with fruit, to feel that little bit healthier!
I also like to add another half a banana chopped up- to give texture!
Now onto some other news...
1. Last night I felt like breakfast for dinner, and since I realised I hadn't eaten eggs for a little while (oh no!), so I decided to boil myself two eggs to eat with mushrooms and fresh herbs! It was simple, but very delicious!
2. Remember my love for hats? Well yesterday I was very happy to find a new wide-brimmed hat from the opshop, to add to my collection! We've been having lots of sunny days in Sydney of late, so this will be perfect :)
Enjoy the rest of the weekend! I can't wait to get back out into the sunshine......
Wearing my new hat of course ;)