Hello :) First of all, Happy Mothers day! It's a gorgeous sunny day too! I plan on making my mother some "Mummy biscuits", but more on that in my next post!
Now truth be told, over the last few weeks I've been quite consumed with Uni. As I've mentioned previously because of the early morning starts, travel time and late nights I've been opting for meals that are easy to prepare or in some cases already prepared. They actually have this amazing wrap at Uni with hummus, tabouli and salad which I've got a few times, but the fact is I haven't really been cooking lately!
But I have been seeing some great recipes, mainly on blogs so I thought I'd write a list of new recipes I'd like to make in the month of May, as a way of inspiring me too cook more.
Recipes for May:
1. Millet Mash. This recipe is from an amazing healthy blog called My New Roots and is a healthy alternative to mashed potato using the grain millet which I've never tried. Yum!
2. The Raw Brownie. This recipe is from the same blog as above and looks amaaazing. It's a super healthy and raw brownie combing dates, almonds, walnuts and cocoa.
3. Baked Eggs with Swiss Chard. This recipe comes from Sophie Dahls book and I've never made baked eggs before, so I'd love to try making them. I might have to substitute the Swiss Chard for spinach though.
4. Carrot Muffins. This recipe comes from the delightful blog Apples Under My Bed. They look so delicious and healthy too- and I've never tried agave before!
5. French Onion Soup. Another recipe from Sophie Dahls book. It looks divine and I can imagine eating this on a cold night with some crusty bread and a good book :)
Well there it is. Recipes I hope to make soon. Can't wait!! And I'll keep you updated on how I go ;)
What do you think? Have you been making some fab dishes lately?!
Also, speaking of recipes and health blogs I actually bookmark quite a few, which I read most days. Here's a list of 5 blogs I've been reading lately:
1. Oh She Glows
2. Diary of a Nutritionist
3. Susie Burrell's blog
4. High on Health
5. My New Roots
All amazing blogs, written by qualified nutritionists/dieticians and the like. Very inspiring and informative! Definitely check them out :) :)
Do you read health/food blogs? What are your favourites?
Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 hour ago