Sunday, May 29, 2011

Weekend...

Hello :) I will never get tired of seeing snippets of other people's weekends. Taking a peek into moments of other people's lives makes me smile, seeing how routines and simple pleasures bring the most joy. So as usual, here's a few snapshots into mine thus far...

Saturday. 

Vegemite and avocado on toast! As mentioned in my previous post ;) The bread is a fruit and nut variety from Bakers Delight which I'm loving at the moment. The slices are quite small and dense, just delicious.

In the morning, after we picked my sister up from tennis we went to the Salvo's :) It's pretty much where I buy all my clothes (apart from Vinnies and Anglicare of course!). I found this lovely Country Road cropped jacket for $5. Winner! 

For lunch my sister and I made homemade pesto with pasta. I wanted to use wholemeal pasta but she wanted to use white pasta, so we made a compromise. Half, half! It was delicious, I haven't made pesto in ages! 

I  had some green tea I bought from China last year. They're little balls which unravel and have the most delightful flavour! I think I've seen similar one's in T2 which they call 'Buddha's tears'. 

Sunday. 

I woke up at 6:30 to go for a run. It felt so good! When I came back I was super hungry so I made wholegrain porridge with rice milk, almonds, honey and sultanas. Very filling and warming. 

Then later on in the morning I met my friend Tara and we went and saw the movie Water for Eleplants. I'm a sucker for period dramas and just loved the film! The costumes, the scenery and the acting was impressive too I thought. Has anyone else seen it? What did you think?

Afterwards we went to Berkelow books cafe. We talked about travels (my other close friend is currently in London, jealous!), books, music and hip bars we want to go to. It got me excited for Uni holidays! I pretty much get all of July off and can't wait :) :) I will cook and read and it shall be grand!

...but back to reality!

My friend got a chai tea. It came with a warm pot of honey too :) 

And I got a soy flat white. Yum! 

Wearing my 'new' jacket too. 


What did you get up to this weekend? 

Hannah x

5 comments:

  1. OMG Vegemite and avocado are a favourite combo of mine!!!!!!! I put it on everything, crackers, grain bread yummo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also a huuuuge fan of avo and vegemite! SO delicious. I love posts like these where I get to see what people eat. No idea why, it just fascinates me, ha!

    My weekend was quiet, relaxing, not too exciting. I spent a lot of it just chilling at home, watching movies. Perfect.

    Have a great week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah- Awesome! I'll have to try it on crackers/vitaweats too...yum yum

    Jane- hehe I love reading about what people eat too, it's very interesting ;) And usually gives me a few ideas/inspirations. Sounds like a lovely weekend, chilling is what weekends are for :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! A great post. I love the look of your toast, and I've never found vegemite + avocado appealing. I may have to try it out soon!
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi- thanks :) :) try it, hehe!

    ReplyDelete