1. Vitaweats with almond butter. So good! Need I say more? Well I will actually, because tahini and honey is also an awesome combination.
2. 1/2 avocado with lemon juice & pepper. Ah, the humble avocado, full of protein and lots of good fats. This is so delicious, and if you want to could even mash it up and make guacamole, adding some garlic, red onion, greek yoghurt, sumac or whatever you fancy!
3. Carrot and cucumber sticks with sweet potato hummus. I've been getting back into sweet potato hummus of late, you simply make hummus as per usual and they add in mashed sweet potato you've either boiled or roasted. Stir in some cumin and cayenne pepper and that's one delicious snack!
4. Mini can of chickpeas or four beans. I'll admit these aren't the most exciting snacks, eating chickpeas or a four bean mix on it's own, but they're very handy to grab and take with you, incase you need that extra oomph to get you through the day :)
5. Roasted nuts with chilli flakes & sea salt. Just a fun way to spruce up some nuts. Grab a handful of nuts, whack (well not quite literally) them under the griller or in an oven, sprinkle with some chilli flakes & sea salt and toast until they're a little crisp and crunchy (about 5-10 minutes). Mmmmm.
6. A boiled egg. Perhaps not something you'd think of as a 'snack', but I quite like eating soft boiled eggs every now and again. They're quite filling too- an excellent source of vegetarian protein.
But if you're after something a little more indulgent to snack on, I'd highly recommend these apple & cinnamon muffins. I made them yesterday and my goodness, they make the kitchen smell so wonderful! I'm happy that everyone in my family took one either to school or work today :)
Oh and by the way...I've just realised that this blog is now more than ONE year old! I wrote my first post on the 27th of October! I distinctly remember rebelling from my HSC studies to start this blog, and here we are, a year later and I'm procrastinating from uni studies. Ha!
What do you love snacking on at the moment?