Thursday, November 17, 2011

Sculptures by the Sea...

Hello :) Yesterday was my first day of freeeeeedom! Why yes I am on a 3-4 month holiday :) It's quite a spectacular feeling! So on my first day of freedom I decided to see Sculptures by the Sea although I can't say we chose the best day to go as it was really windy and half the time we were trying to get sand out of our eyes!

I woke up bright and early (well 8:30...) and made some yummy mini cupcakes for Adrian and I to munch on. They're the perfect little treat, although we had about 5 each!
Hello there funky Zebras!
We didn't have a program so we didn't really know what the sculptures were about, but a friend told me this was called the heavenly kiss. How sweeeeet ;) 
I liked this house, although a tad unfinished!
This was a pretty cool elephant! And Tara if you're reading this, I thought of you when we took this photo because I know you like elephants!! 
We didn't stay too long as it was very windy and raining a little so we tried to find somewhere to have lunch. I stumbled across Miss Chu in Bondi, which I'd heard has delicious fresh spring rolls etc so that's where we ate! It was a very cool eatery, and we both had steamed dumplings and fresh spring rolls. I also had coconut water which I thought was delicious & refreshing. Fun fact: the waiters were very good looking in case you're interested (Adrian however did not notice this). 

After lunch we ended up going to the city and having coffee & reading the paper (like any normal 19 year olds) at the Art Gallery of NSW. We didn't see the Picasso exhibition, although I would like to at some point. 

A lovely day to kickstart my holidays! 

Be sure to check back tomorrow for another post, because later that evening I went to a very fun & delicious foodie event. Did someone say Thai salads with Martin Boetz???

Hannah x

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are off to a good start with your holidays!

    Reading the paper and enjoying a coffee has been a favourite pasttime of mine even when I was a teen! I love the Art Gallery of NSW, some great works there.

    I've wanted to try Miss Chu for a while, I think I need to make the trek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely! Have a great holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh looking forward to tomorrow's post! & YAY! Beyond exciting to be free. Ahhh I remember that feeling :) Enjoy, lovely.
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yey for 3-4 months holidays!

    I can't wait to go to the Picasso exhibition, it's one of the first things on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gillian- Yeah love the gallery too, would love to see the Picasso exhibition :) Miss Chu was SO tasty, go there!

    Elisa- thanks :)

    Heidi- oh man...such a great feeling!!!

    Leah- yay should be great :)

    ReplyDelete