Basically, eyebrow threading requires a twisted, thin cotton thread and more specifically, two strands which are twisted and rolled several times, forming an X. The centre of the intersection grips the hair strand, pulling it from the follicle.
Pros of Eyebrow Threading
- Cheap! Mine costs $10.
- Quick. It takes under 5 minutes.
- It's not messy as there aren't any wax strips or creams.
- As it removes the hair from the root, it lasts quite a while.
Cons of Eyebrow Threading
- Ouch! Yep, in my opinion it does hurt.
- The skin around your eyebrows will be red afterwards. Well it is for me. So I usually get them done on the way home, when I'm not going out that night ;) Although it calms down after an hour.
I don't think eyebrow threading is really a do-it-yourself hair removal method though! I'd recommend going to a salon to get your eyebrows done. I tweeze out any stray hairs in between appointments, but apart from that...I leave it to the pros!
Oh look! Here's a photo of myself, a few hours after getting my eyebrows done. I always specify I want them natural looking, but shaped. And I also had my hair cut recently, as you can kind of see. It's a short bob, which I love!
To watch a lady thread her eyebrows, watch this clip :)
Do you get your eyebrows threaded/waxed etc? Tell me people!