Monday, September 15, 2014

Two Weekends

Hello :) The past two weekends have been particularly fun so I thought I'd document them here!

Two weekends ago I wasn't working at orange grove markets, so decided to check out pyrmont markets which are on once a month. It was pouring with rain for most of the time (lucky I wore gumboots!) - but was glad I made the effort as it was nice buying everything from producers that I don't usually see. The organic produce from field to feast was amazing and so fresh (they're also at marrickville markets) - I stocked up on new season garlic, fresh camomile and radishes.


The camomile are currently drying (to make into tea) ...


With the produce from pyrmont markets I made a really nice roast pumpkin soup. I chopped up two little butternut pumpkins, roasted them with  whole garlic cloves, then added them to a pot with hot water, some cumin, cooked barley and blended it all ... topping with butter and coriander. So creamy!


Last weekend - on Saturday I was working at orange grove markets & had this divine cinnamon scroll from sonoma. Why have I not tried these before? Despite being topped with sugar and cinnamon they aren't actually overly sweet ... & have a delicious croissant like pastry. Too much.


And yesterday was particularly special as it was my birthday! I turned 22. It started off nicely with flowers from mum, fruit toast from sonoma & a cuppa. 


I spent most of the day outside in the sunshine working at woollahra makets, which I enjoyed - & came home with a few bouKALES (ha ha) 


As we had my birthday dinner the night before it was a pretty low key evening spent reading this novel (so excited to finally have it!) and cooking a nice meal.


And instead of a birthday cake I wanted portugese tarts from the honeymoon bakery in petersham - cause they are the best !!! 


I hope you had a nice weekend! 

I'm still very much doing my mindful monday posts & have lots of ideas - it's just a matter of writing them down (which to be honest, I forget to do!)

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment