Sunday, October 11, 2015

Twenty Three

Hello :) So, about time I made another post! Seems rather relevant to do a post about my twenty-third birthday, though it was almost four weeks ago - as it was an exciting and eventful few days!!!

Birthday picnic ... 

So in the morning (we both took the day off work, how indulgent!), Adrian and I went to blues point to have a picnic around lunch time. So thankful the weather was perfect.


Treats from bourke st bakery in north sydney and we made little rolls with brie and cucumber and proscuitto ... 


The Westin ... 

Ok so after lazing in the sun for a little while, we headed off to the city. I knew we were staying in a fancy hotel, but didn't know which one. Turns out it was The Westin at martin place! When we arrived around 3pm - we were told at the front desk we had been upgraded to the presidential suite aka the fanciest room in the hotel !!!

First up, a quick coffee in the lounge before we took the lift to level 31 ... 


The suite had seven rooms and we felt like a super posh couple for the day!!!

The largest bathroom ever ...


A very luxurious bedroom ... 



Billy Kwong ...

For dinner, I'd booked billy kwong in potts point - which I have wanted to go to for a while. Sharing a few entrees and one main was perfectly enough.

Crispy prawn wontons. Really lovely!


Steamed lamb buns with picked celery 


Rice noodle rolls with braised beef and black beans. Our fav entree!


For the main I already knew we had to have the duck with mandarin and plum, as I'd heard so many good things about it. It really was so good with lots of crispy skin - and steamed rice and chinese greens was the perfect accompaniment. 


An engagement ... 

Ok, so a bit of an announcement ... Adrian and I are engaged !!!

Around the time of my birthday, we were already having conversations about getting married, as we've been dating for almost 5 years - we already knew we were going to be staying together. So rather than some big surprise, it was more a mutual decision - which suited us and was very nice!

A few days after my birthday we went into the city and bought the first ring I tried on at Tiffany & Co. It has a rose gold band with a lovely diamond that I think is very elegant. 

Sipping champagne at Tiffanys (at about 11am!)


After buying the ring we went to the botanical gardens so Adrian could properly propose ...  


Very happy indeed! It definitely feels nice being engaged :)


Soooo that sums up quite the eventful birthday! Apart from that I have had a pretty good few weeks, enjoying my intern with Em from depths of beauty - writing blogposts such as this one and assisting on an upcoming beauty workshop. 

I must admit I have been eating out a few too many times lately, but getting back into cooking more now - especially having just purchased the new Cornersmith cookbook and Near & Far by Heidi Swanson. 

Oh and also if you'd like to follow me on instagram where I post most days, my username is: hannahfong_

Hannah x

ps. hi Lyfina, sorry I took so long to post! ;)

2 comments:

  1. Yay shout out. Westin sounds amazing, how come you didn't know where you were staying beforehand?

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy belated birthday and OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete