Sunday, September 1, 2013

Brussels

Hello :) Next stop on our holiday was Brussels, only a few hours away from Amsterdam. I was still getting used to the concept of hopping on a train for a short while and suddenly you're in another country. Crazy! We only spent 2 nights in Brussels, and weren't really sure what to expect. I really enjoyed our time here, and it was also a good time to rest, and rejuvenate before the busyness of Paris. I'll let the photos do the rest of the talking ...

Loved our hostel. Our room was spacious, and looked over the garden. 


Hostel garden ... 


The Grand Place was flippin' amazing! 


Renee and I ... we were a good team!


Stumbling upon a Sunday vintage market where I purchased my sunnies. There were so many nice things!


A statue referred to as The Pissing Boy. Yeah ...


A huge antique/vintage outdoor market. Wish I had more room in my backpack!


Chocolate shops ...


 I couldn't say no to a Godiva soft serve dark chocolate icecream !! 


On our second afternoon we felt like escaping from the city, and went to a huge castle/garden in the countryside. It was only 20 minutes from the city and was so peaceful .... we had a very relaxing stroll.  





On the way back we stopped off to get strawberries from a little shed. Some people may go overseas for the art galleries and museums, and we did visit a few, but I went for the moments like these ... picking up fruit from the side of the road in the country or going to morning farmers markets :)


Cooling down with cherry beer. Delicious, and not too sweet.


And there you have some highlights from Brussels :) 

Hannah x

No comments:

Post a Comment