What you'll need:
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup honey (I only used 1/4 cup, but you can even omit the honey altogether if preferred)
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees. Place the butter, sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer and beat for 10-12 minutes or until pale and creamy (...I only beat it for about two minutes. Twelve minutes seems a little excessive).
2. Add the honey and continue to beat until well combined.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold through the flour, baking powder and milk.
4. Spoon into mini-cupcake tins lined with patty cases (I didn't have any mini patty cases so just used rice-bran oil spray).
5. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cooked. I managed to make 24 mini-cupcakes!
Here's a few I made. I also like to 'jazz' them up by putting almonds and blueberries on top when they cook as I'm not a fan of icing.
I know, I'm hilarious.
Have you been baking lately?