Thursday, December 22, 2011

Emma's on Liberty

Hello :) Yesterday evening, I went out to dinner with my parents & sister to celebrate my parents 20th wedding anniversary! They decided we'd go a Lebanese restaurant called Emma's on Liberty in Enmore, as they used to live just around the corner & really like the food. We shared all the meals and I took my camera for a few sneaky shots...

We started off the evening with smokey baba ganouge. I always love the smokey eggplant flavour!
Eggplant oven roasted with onion, tomato, garlic and spices. Some of the best eggplant I've ever had, it was super soft & fragrant. 
Fried cauliflower served with a tangy tahini sauce and parsley. Such a nice combination, love the tahini on top! 
My sister enjoying some homemade rose lemonade. 
Aromatic spiced fish rubbed in spices and fried with tahini, walnuts, coriander and sumac. Such flavour! The fish was beautifully cooked and even though it was fried, it wasn't greasy at all. 
Filo pastry rolls filled with lamb, pine nuts and pomegrante molasses. Again, amazing flavours! As you can see, I've been eating meat occasionally when I'm out although I have no intentions of cooking it!  
Sweets to share! Baklava & turkish delight. 
My mum ordered Lebanese coffee. Super strong but it tasted so good...you really did need some sugar in it though! I loved the pot it came in! 

Yummo! We had such a nice time & I'd definitely go back! Even though the restaurant is small, it was so busy and lively. The flavours were spot on... all the herbs, spices and tahini dressings. 

I gave my parents a little gift of T2 tea called "White Monkey Jasmine", a mixture of green and jasmine tea. The trick to buying gifts I find, is to buy something you can use as well ;) 

Hope you're having a lovely week! 

Hannah x

5 comments:

  1. YUM. I adore Lebanese food! Gimme gimme (but spare the fish/lamb, haha). This all looks so divine and kudos to your folks for 20 years of marriage. It's so rare these days! I love your blog and look forward to your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to your parents!!

    Yummmmmmmmmm all of that looks AMAZING

    T2 tea is the BEST, I love it!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sonya Harris- Aw thanks, Lebanese food is so good!

    Blithely Unaware- yes love T2!! So hard not to buy tea when I'm there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh gosh this is totally my kind of restaurant! yum.
    Heidi xo
    ps sorry for all the comments at once. But theres more to come :)

    ReplyDelete