Sunday, December 4, 2011

Lemon cakes

Hello :) After a very busy Saturday, it's nice to have a quiet Sunday. I decided this morning to make these little lemon cakes, aren't they oh so cute! I shall get straight to it & share with you the recipe...

Recipe: Lemon Cakes (adapted from "Afternoon Tea" by Frankie Magazine)
Ingredients- 
125g butter
1 cup caster sugar, plus 1/4 cup extra
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup almond meal
Grated rind and juice of 1 large lemon

Method-
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. In a mixing bowl, cream butter well. Add 1 cup caster sugar, and beat again. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add sifted flour and salt. Add milk, almond meal and lemon rind and fold together.

Grease a 12-hole cupcake pan and divide mixture evenly between holes. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cakes comes out clean.

Combine lemon juice and extra sugar in a saucepan. Heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour syrup over cupcakes while hot.

Makes 12 

As you can see, mine made 9. They were wonderful and I loved the crisp buttery edge & the syrup was just...well delicious and lemony. 

I think the rest of my day will include making a quinoa salad for lunch, cleaning my room, watching Changeling & perhaps finishing my novel "Playing with Grown Ups" by Sophie Dahl. It's a very charming book so far :) 

Did anyone go to the Finders Keepers markets this weekend? I went on Friday evening for a little while and came home with a Marilyn Monroe bookmark and babushka printed linen coin/makeup purse. Quite lovely!

Hannah x

2 comments:

  1. YUMMMM they sound so good! Now I need to find me some lemon cake PRONTO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. riotersbloc- you certainly do!! :)

    ReplyDelete