Mountain bread is a healthy, wonderful and versatile food! It is a flat bread, made in Australia that comes in a pack of 8 and claims to have:
- No sour dough
- No fat added
- No oil added
- No sugar added
- No milk product
- No eggs
Mountain bread is an easy alternative to refined white bread and can be used to make pizza, wraps, sandwiches or even as the base for savoury tarts! Today, i decided to have a mountain bread pizza for lunch, something i've been eating quite a lot of recently. It's a much healthier alternative to greasy fast food pizza and doesn't take long at all:
1. Lay 2 slices of mountain bread on a board (i use 2 because the slices are quite thin)
2. Spread with tomato paste/tomoato pasta sauce or even pesto!
3. Cook some of the ingredients- because the pizza only takes a few minutes under the griller, it's best to cook vegetables like asparagus, red onion, mushroom, zucchini etc beforehand
4. Arrange vegetables/cheese on the pizza before transferring it to a tray under the griller
5. Keep checking every minute or so and take it out when the cheese is melted and the edges become crispy
This is what my pizza looked like:
What is on my pizza? tomato pasta sauce, asparagus (of course), baby tomatoes, pine nuts, red onion, ricotta, mushrooms and basil.
What are some other (healthy) and yummy toppings? olives, rocket, spinach, roasted beetroot, roasted pumpkin, feta cheese, parmesan, walnuts etc. You can basically add anything you want!
Going, going, gone...
Instant Pot Brown Rice Bowl with Chickpeas
4 hours ago