Sunday, December 5, 2010

Raw Fudge Balls

Hello :) I've got another recipe to share from Lola Berry's 'Inspiring Ingredients' book I posted about in my previous post. This is possibly the simplest recipe ever, using only 4 ingredients which are dates, walnuts, desiccated coconut and raw cacao powder! The dates act to help bind everything together, the walnuts add crunch, the coconut adds texture and the cacao powder gives it a yummy chocolate taste. They are vegan, dairy free and gluten free too and packed full of iron for sustained energy. Hows that for a healthy snack? I think they'd be perfect to take to picnics, parties and as a healthy alternative to Lindt chocolate balls this Christmas season.

Recipe: Raw Fudge Balls (makes about 24 small balls)
Ingredients
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup of raw cacao powder
Method
Blend all ingredients then form into small balls and sprinkle with additional raw cacao powder or desiccated coconut. (thats it!) Wrap in cellophane with ribbon to make them look extra special :)

Here's mine! I put some on a pretty vintage plate, made a cup of Jasmine tea and read through some magazines. The joy of Sunday.

And this morning I woke up early (well for a Sunday) and went to the farmers markets in Marrickville. I came back with a lovely loaf of Quinoa and Soya sourdough bread and a bunch of kale. Does anyone have suggestions on how to cook or recipes using kale (apart from green smoothies)? I'm stuck for ideas. With the bread I decided to cut a few slices and topped it with tomato (from my garden!), red onion, rocket and crumbled feta. 


I get a little too excited about bread...

Hannah x

1 comment:

  1. Those fudge balls look quite tasty and it's great to see some Christmas style recipes. I've found that there are some nice kale salad, soup and casserole recipes.You should keep the christmas theme going.

    ReplyDelete