Sunday, September 18, 2011

High Tea at the Tea Parlour

Hello :) This afternoon I decided to try out the Tea Parlour, in Redfern as a little birthday celebration with a few friends. I booked the night before for Sunday at 2pm :) We were told though that when we arrived she forgot a party would be coming at 3pm and book out the entire place, so we were able to have the high tea at no expense, as we could only stay for 1 hour! We were fine with that though, and she was so sweet about it :)

The place was a lot smaller than I thought it would be, it was so cute! From the outside you wouldn't have known it was there and inside is filled with flowers, old fashioned chairs, teapots, everything was vintage & so lovely. We had 3 'high teas', which was usually $20pp (very reasonable!) and came with tea of your choice, cucumber sandwiches and a selection of cakes.

Such pretty teacups...
Yummy cucumber & cream cheese sandwiches
I love this photo :) 
Oh my, the cakes were truly amazing. Lemon tart/pie, pecan pie, little cupcakes with strawberries and a piece of chocolate cake...yum yum. 
We ordered both Monk Pear tea and Apple Berry tea. Both delicious & fruity!
Love these teapots!! 

I'd definitely recommend checking out the Tea Parlour in Redern if you're in the area, just remember to book in advance! You can have scones & tea for only $8 too! We had such a lovely time and now we're planning on having our own high tea or picnic soon with lots of yummy cakes & treats!! 

Hannah x

7 comments:

  1. OMG this place looks adorable! I'll have to try it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so sweet, and so tiny! Definitely check it out :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really sweet - can't wait to try it out when I'm down in Sydney! So happy to have stumbled across your blog!
    - Catherine @ The Spring (in Brisbane)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catherine- aw thankyou! Do check out the tea parlour, it's super cute :) I'll have to check out your blog :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute as! Would love to own cups and saucers like those in your top photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emma- Aw me too! I love vintage teacups! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I love the Tea Parlour! I went there with my cousin a couple of months ago, its just so gorgeous, isn't it? And she is so sweet! I collected a whooooole lot of vintage tea cups for my own kitchen tea last year, I have quite the collection ;P Love them.
    Love your blog, I just came across it today! x

    ReplyDelete