Friday, January 6, 2012

Bran muffins

Hello :) A few days ago, I made these bran muffins. They were good. Like, really good! The recipe just works, trust me!  Again, they're from Super Natural Every Day & the more I read her book, the more I love her food philosophy and all of her recipes. These muffins have the goodness of wholewheat flour, pure maple syrup, oat bran & bran cereal (I used All-bran) & buttermilk. Like Heidi Swanson writes they have a substantial crunchy muffin top hiding under a tender, barley sweet crumb underneath. Just scrumptious!

Here's a link to the recipe :)



As you can see, I also wrapped them in baking paper & sprinkled a few blueberries on top, because that's what the bran muffins at Luxe bakery in Newtown look like! 

Now, where's my piccolo soy latte...? 

Hannah x

5 comments:

  1. They are glorious looking! Great recipe as well. I think I would probably use agave instead of maple but only because I don't have any.

    I love the earthy taste of bran muffins. My local cafe has date and bran muffins that are as big as my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah- Agave would be awesome :) haha muffins at cafes are always huge, true story!

    geebambino- yes, perfect for brunch :)

    kasia- agreed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm I love a big crunchy top! best part :)
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete