Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Yummy Granola!

Hello :) Well it would appear it's already 2012! I had an awesome New Years Eve and had a great view of the fireworks, which really were spectacular as always! And these past few days have been really relaxing...I've been reading a lot, swimming at Coogee beach & going for morning power-walks. I've also been going through and trying on clothes, and figuring out which pieces I'm going to wash to sell. Why? I'm having a stall with a friend at Glebe markets this weekend! Super exciting!

Ok, now let's talk about food! As it's a new year, I naturally want to start making things I haven't made before. So I've decided to start with a new breakfast/brunch: granola! A little bit more decadent than museli & the perfect brunch for the weekend.

Here's a link to the recipe :) It's from Super Natural Every Day, a cookbook I'm just loving at the moment.

Oh and look at those crunchy morsels of oats, walnuts, coconut, orange zest and currants, which are coated with a combination of butter & maple syrup!
Some may prefer their granola with just yoghurt, but I prefer some soy milk too. 
Topped with caramelised banana, sliced nectarine and blueberries. 
There was plenty of leftovers, which I stored in a nice jar. 
But it's just so easy to eat...

And how easy it was to make! It's just a matter of combining the dry ingredients, then melting the butter, stirring in the maple syrup and pouring and mixing that well into the dry ingredients, so everything is coated with butter/maple syrup deliciousness! I can't help but wonder what I'll pop into my next batch. Dried figs, cinnamon, pepitas, sunflower seeds, raisins or hazelnuts...I could really go on...

Do you like making granola? What's your favourite combination?

Hannah x

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE making granola :) Craisins are a favourite in mine. & always toasted nuts and seeds. I adore maple favour so that usually creeps in too. It sounds like you've had a lovely start to the new year - it's so nice to chill out and read. And make granola!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year lovely!
    I love making granola, I make mine with lots of pepitas and sunflower seeds, they go so yummy and crisp. I also love adding cinnamon for extra flavour x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Granola is my favorite snack and I spent 2011 experimenting with combos but this one of Cindy's (http://herestheveg.blogspot.com/2011/07/july-13-14-2011-toasty-tahini-granola.html) is my favorite of all time.

    Your post is next on my list. I've never seen a recipe with butter before so Im now curious to try. I imagine a museli version of an English flapjack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi- Totally putting craisins in my next batch- thanks for the tip :)

    Cate- oooh yum! Cinnamon makes everything taste better!

    Lyfina- just checked out the tahini granola...wow! so making this, thanks for the link!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Hannah! This granola indeed does look yummy, and we just launched our Greek yogurt (America's most loved!) in New South Wales. We'd love to get a sampling your way if that's cool. Couldn't find an email address, but perhaps you can shoot us a message at fans[at]chobani.com? Hope to hear from you!

    Cheers,

    Emily
    Chobani
    http://chobani.com.au/

    ReplyDelete