Saturday, January 28, 2012

Broad bean & ricotta dip

Hello :) First of all, I hope your Australia Day was fab! I had a great time wandering around the city, sipping lemonade & listening to choirs and jazz bands. I listened to triple J's hottest 100 in the afternoon and finished the day off with some vegemite toast, which seemed appropriate!

Well today, I have a really good dip recipe to share. My Nanna made this dip on Christmas day actually, and I've finally got around to making it too :) It's made with broad beans, ricotta & feta, and at first I thought it was guacamole! It's a little fiddly, as you have to peel the broad beans- but it's worth it. The dip has a beautiful creamy texture, perfect for dipping in vegetable sticks & crackers! And I used frozen broad beans too (so much cheaper!)

Recipe: Broad bean & ricotta dip (adapted from Donna Hay)
Ingredients-
2 cups blanched and peeled broad (fava) beans
200g ricotta
100g feta
1 clove crushed garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
sea salt & cracked black pepper
Method-
Whizz in a food processor until smooth. Drizzle with olive oil to serve.


Have a great weekend!

Hannah x

3 comments:

  1. This dip sounds lovely.

    I love how you ate vegemite toast and listened to the hottest 100. Classic Aussie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG yet another wonderful recipe Hannah, thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm beautiful! I adore broad beans. Fiddly but SO worth it. Your Australia day sounds great! I forgot to eat vegemite toast though :O
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete