Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Broccoli & kale coconut curry soup

Hello :) Recently, I've been reading a fabulous blog called Stone Soup. It's all about simple recipes with five ingredients that only take about ten minutes to cook. Well, yesterday I came across a recipe for green curry of broccoli soup, which sounded pretty delicious to me. Luckily, I had some broccoli as well a bunch of kale, that needed to be used. Add in some rainy weather, and a comforting green soup seemed like the perfect lunch. 

Here's a link to the recipe :) 

I made a few adjustments, using a regular red curry paste instead of green & used almond butter instead of the peanut butter, although I might leave it out next time as I found it kind of clumped in the soup. I also added some cannellini beans for some extra protein and oomph! 

It literally took 10 minutes and was seriously nourishing & scrumptious. It was a great way to use kale, as I tend to buy it knowing how nutritious it is, but never really know what to do with it! 


Yummo! I also whizzed up the rest, and had it for dinner too with some crusty bread :) 

Well, I'm going to get back to watching Downton Abbey! There is just so much scandal ;)

Hannah x

3 comments:

  1. This looks amazing, cant wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah- thanks, it's really yummy :) Might make some more soup tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yum, soup looks fab!! Love Downton Abbey too!!
    Heidi xo

    ReplyDelete