I'm going to share some blogs/blogposts I'm loving at the moment, cause it's Friday, almost the weekend and we're all wanting an excuse not to work or study. Am I right?
1. 10 ways to sweeten food without sugar. Sarah Wilsons blog is quite wonderful, having only recently discovered it. She writes a lot about health and nutrition, with thought provoking posts too. Having just released an e-book all about quitting sugar, she's written this post on some sweet alternatives to sugar. Nice one! One of the tips she mentions is to have roast vegetables for dessert, as they're quite sweet. I have to agree on this one as for morning tea lately, I've been buying a small salad with roasted sweet potato, red onion, beetroot & feta, and the sweet potato totally fixes my sugar craving. Like little, crispy lollies...haha a step too far?
2. The Selby. Do you like to perve on...houses? I do! Grand designs is one of my favourite shows. This popular blog "featuring photographs, paintings and videos by todd selby of interesting people and their creative spaces" is pretty awesome. Houses include that of Susien Chong & Nic Briands (creators of the fashion label Lover!).
3. Roost: a simple life. Just when you thought food photography couldn't get any better than that featured on my a-m-a-z-i-n-g blog (oh ha ha), here comes this fabulous blog which aims to educate people about the "benefits of a grain free diet (due to her husbands Crohn's disease) and the joys of eating and cooking organic, whole foods". Now I want to make these butternut squash & hazlenut bouchons, and I don't even know what a bouchon is!
4. The perfect lipbalm. Even though I hardly ever wear makeup, I can't help but love anything beauty related that Zoe Foster writes about. She used to blog at the beauty website Primped, but has since moved over to Mamma Mia, where she's going to be answering beauty questions and posting videos (yay!). Apart from knowing a lot about beauty (the suvana and honey lip balm she talks about sounds terrific), I like how she writes. It's witty, funny and engaging, and if I ever became a health writer I'd like to copy her writing style ;) To write about health in a way that is fun, as well as informative...that's the dream!
5. Zen habits: the amazing power of being present. This is a blog I subscribe too (you can read about the author here) and it has some great articles about simplifying your life. This particular post is an engaging read about learning to fully live & always being mindful. I like this quote at the end...
"Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis
on which the world earth revolves- slowly, evenly, without
rushing toward the future. Live the actual moment.
Only this moment if life". - Thich Nhat Hanh
And I shall leave you with that. I will now proceed with studying organic chemistry, let's hope I shall be present & mindful while studying such a boring subject ;)
mmmmm terrace houses...
Have you discovered any cool blogs or websites recently?