1. I play the oboe and violin. Well, I should really say "used to" as I haven't played both for the past 6 months however I really want to start playing again! I actually decided to take out my oboe the other night, but could hardly play for 5 minutes without getting out of breath, so something to work on! I used to play in the school band too, and was once Drum Major when we marched on ANZAC Day, because as they say "you can't march with an oboe"....(the reed might have choked me, somehow).
2. My star sign is Virgo. And I pretty much act like one. I absolutely love cleaning/arranging my bedroom, writing lists (to make me feel organised) and I can be a perfectionist too.
3. I find old ladies incredibly stylish. I love seeing old ladies dressed in blouses, pleated skirts, white gloves, chic bags and trendy loafers. I sometimes wonder what my generation will look like in 50 to 60 years time. Will we dress as classic and elegantly? (I hope so!)
4. I used to collect stamps. When I was younger, I used to have a subscription to "Scientrific" magazine (a super cool science magazine for kids). Well one day, I entered a crossword competition and won this cool stamp pack and folder. From then on, I used to collect the stamps from our letters. I think I still have them all lying around somewhere...
5. I adore French films. There's something so delightful and charming about French films. My favourites include: Hunting and gathering, the diving bell and the butterfly, amelie, a very long engagement, russian dolls and priceless. Recently I've seen the heartbreaker and LOL, which I'd definitely recommend!
6. I also adore period drama films. The costumes, the history...I just can't get enough. My favourites include: Bright star, atonement, Marie Antoinette, the edge of love, the duchess, coco avant chanel, pride and prejudice (both versions!) and tess of the d'ubervilles.
7. At the moment I'm really into folk/gypsy/jazz music. I love discovering small Australian bands at bars, folk festivals etc. I like all kinds of 'folk' too, especially the kind you can go crazy and dance too (so maybe more folk/rock). Some recent discoveries include: rapskallion, D.O.C jones and the lechery orchestra, tinpan orange, lolo lovina and the crooked fiddle band. Here's some examples:
And here are the fabulous blogs I nominate:
Go check them out!